The ability to hear from God is an essential element in the life of a believer. In John 10:3-4 Jesus says that the sheep know the Shepherd’s voice and they listen and He calls them by name. He is that Shepherd.
So, how does God talk to us?
- Through His creation: Romans 1: 19-20, Psalm 19:1 & 97:6
- Through the conscience as conviction of the Holy Spirit: Romans 2:15, Hebrews 9:14
- Peace of the Holy Spirit in the inner man or a calmness that accompanies a right decision, also tranquillity, rest and inner contentment.
- The written word of God (LOGOS), the Bible: 2 Peter 1:20-21, Romans 8:16, and 10:16)
- The Rhema word. The quickened verse, illumination, or “AHA” usually from the Logos but can be from other inspiration: 1 John 2:27, Luke 24:32
- Through circumstances, an opening and closing of doors or events that confirm or give comfort to decisions: Romans 8:14 and 28
- The still, quiet voice with us: Acts 10:19, Isaiah 30:21 and 1 kings 19:12
- Visions, either seen with the physical eyes or in a trance: Acts 10:1-3, 9:10-12 and Rev. 9:17
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit given to the body of Christ. Tongues and interpretations, prophesy, discerning of spirits, gifts of healings and miracles, words of wisdom and knowledge, 1 Corinthians 12 and 14, Acts 21:4
- Desires of the Changed, Godly Heart: Psalm 37:4
- Counsel of those in authority over you and other ‘spiritual’ people: 1 John 4:6, Hebrerws 13:17, Galatians 6:1, & 1 Peter 5:5,
- Through God-given Dreams.
- The Audible voice of God: Acts, 26:13-15
- By Angels: Matthew 28:2
- Impressions, intuitive spontaneous thoughts, “knowing that you know”: Acts 27: 9-10, 1 Corinthians 2:13, and Romans 8:16
Since He speaks to us in all these ways, why don’t we hear Him more? What blocks His voice?
- Fear of what He might say or require of us,
- A controlling mind, rationalism, intellectualism which over-rides to voice of God,
- Fear or worry resulting in lack of stillness that can block God’s voice,
- Unbelief, Lack of faith or unbelief that God cares for them,
- Lack of commitment to the Faith, doubt His existence or reality of the spiritual dimension,
- Under a spirit of witchcraft or other involvement with the occult,
- Wrong teaching or false ideas about Father God – angry, vengeful or punishing as was our earthly father.
If any of these issues touch your Heart or bring a sense of conviction as to why you have trouble haring your Creator’s voice, fins someone to pray with you. It is essential to your Toyal Wholeness to hear how He has created you!
For more info in this area, check out our other blogs:
Thanks for joining us on this Blog!