The purpose of this exercise is to help you to be more aware of God’s presence in your world. Collect 2 pieces of paper and 4 drawing pens or textas, of the colours you like. It is important that you have a sense of privacy where you are.
Follow the steps as listed to find your ‘Holy Spirit Space’ and what your Creator is saying to you. We are inviting the Lord to talk to you about your spirit and where He sees you on your journey. We list the process so when you are ready, begin and LISTEN to hear His voice. Take your time and work slowly through this exercise.
1. First, concentrate on what’s happening around your physical body.
We’ll start from the outside and work inwards. Use your four senses: hearing, smell, touch and taste to discover what’s happening outside your body. What sounds are you aware of around you? Write out the list what you are hearing. What does your body feel around you? What do you taste? Concentrate on the outer messages you are receiving from your environment. Body comfort, warm, cool, hungry, tired, etc.
2. Now shift your focus to inside your body.
3. Shift your focus to your emotions.
What emotions are you aware of? Mentally list them. Again, take your time and sort through what you are feeling. Anxiety, peace, confusion, restful?
4. Now focus your awareness on where the Holy Spirit is for you right now.
Is He in you or outside you? If outside: in front of you, behind you, to the right or left, above or below? Let your spiritual awareness ‘roam’ around you until you get come sense of His presence. Remember, He is a gentlemen and will often wait to be invited into your space. So ask Him to join you if you don not sense His presence already.
5. When you have located Jesus, ask Him this request:
“Lord Jesus, please give me a picture – or words – of what my spirit looks like.”
Draw a picture of your spirit as God sees it on one of the pieces of paper. Add any words or explanations if needed. Let the picture develop – or write down the words He is saying. Be aware of the condition of your spirit and what it needs to be more healthy and in control with the Holy Spirit.
6. Now, stand up and take your picture to another part of the room where you sense His presence. Stand or sit beside the picture/words – as a sign that you identify with the picture of your spirit. How does this feel?
7. Ask the Lord what He wants to talk to you about your spirit.
8. Use your second piece of paper to draw, or write out, what He is saying to you about your spirit. What does He want to do for your spirit? Does it need healing, comfort, etc.?
Make sure to add the paper to your journal and along with any comments, conclusions and insights that you learned in doing this exercise. Remember, sometimes it just takes practice! You can also do this personal exercise to get in touch with each part of your Boardroom, your personality. “Lord, how do You see my Heart?” is also a very good questions.
I trust this exercise will help you develop more ‘God awareness’ of what’s happening around you,